New Vision College Consulting
Diagnostic Counseling Session
New Vision offers a Diagnostic College Counseling Session to students in the 8th grade and above who want to apply to American universities. After applying for this service, the student will complete a questionnaire, complete a writing sample, and send all relevant grades and test scores to New Vision. During the session, a New Vision consultant will present information to the student based on the studentís background. This information will include:
- Background information on U.S. colleges that match the studentís interests.
- Important information about the admissions process.
- A review of the studentís academic record.
- Advice on course selection in high school.
- Information about standardized tests and dates.
- Recommendations for extracurricular activities.
We provide the student and parents with realistic expectations and goals for improving a studentís qualifications before starting the application process.
Application Support System
The New Vision Application Support System is designed to assist to students who are in their final year of high school and are in the process of completing college applications independently. Students can submit application essays, personal statements, and other written material for their applications to New Vision consultants for editing and polishing. Our consultants can also work with students to brainstorm ideas for their essays and work on formatting for personal statements and CVs. The full system will include:
- Application checklist review
- Essay editing and document review for up to 5 college applications
- Brainstorming session for essays and personal statements
- Assistance with making contact with schools of interest
- Advice to prepare for college life
This system will help students make their applications look professional in order to increase the chances of acceptance.
TARGETô Application Assistance Program
To be admitted to top universities, students must have not only good grades and test scores, but write a compelling essay and demonstrate a wide range of interests and skills. Universities choose students show that they have what it takes be become both a good student and a successful human being. Even the best universities will overlook less than perfect grades for students who are exceptional musicians, artists or athletes. It is up to each student to prove that he or she exceptional. We will teach you what it is universities are looking for, and how to show yourself in the best possible light, so that you will be accepted at a college that is right for you.
We get to know our customers. By spending time with you (the student) and your parents we can better understand your personality, interests, and aspirations. We ask you to complete an assessment that will help us learn your strengths and interests, so that we may guide you toward a college that will best support your academic and life goals. This exercise will help us find college environments where you can grow emotionally, intellectually and socially.
New Vision will match you with a list of schools based on our conversations, your assessment results, your educational needs, and our knowledge of hundreds of colleges and universities.
To ensure that you and your parents make the best possible choice, New Vision staff will personally:
Help Planning High School Curriculum and Extracurricular Activities:
- Investigate college course offerings
- Investigate facilities and services for foreign students
- Assess specific academic programs based on your personal learning style
- Find information on extracurricular activities
- Help you improve your interview skills
Timeline development, student assignments, and regular follow-up's to make sure that the student is on track.
During your college counseling, we will strategize about planning the high school curriculum, when the best time is to submit the applications, to ask teachers for recommendations, to take the standardized exams, and to begin working on the essays. I will keep a close eye on the student's progress, making sure that they are researching the schools on our college list, and getting those important teacher recommendations. We will also speak on an ongoing basis about summer program planning, extracurricular activities, and other factors that can maximize the student's chances at college admission.
College admissions officers receive thousands of applications annually. At New Vision, we want your application to highlight your uniqueness, achievements, special strengths, and abilities. We want to stand out in a large crowd
New Vision professionals will:
- Review your applications for completeness and accuracy
- Official Transcripts: (How do I get them? How many do I need?)
- Teacher Recommendations: (How many do I need? Who do I ask? How do I send them?)
- Standardized Test Scores: (How do I send them out? Which tests do I need?)
- Guide you through the essay-writing process and skillfully edit important written sections
- Help you gather all the documents and information required by colleges
- Develop a timeline to ensure you meet all the important college deadlines
Your admission essay can be just as important as your grades and test scores. You will write your own essay to reflect your unique personality. However, we'll proof-read your work to make sure that it is thorough, well-written, and accurate.
New Vision will also assist you by:
College Application Follow-up:
- Helping you choose essay topics that focus on your interests and strengths
- Providing an optional writing workshop to teach you how to write a great essay
- Finalizing your final essay based on edits, recommendations and comments
- Formatting your final copy for attachment to your application
After the applications have been submitted, each college will be contacted directly to make sure that the applications have been received and are complete.
Help Choosing a College:
After a lot of hard work, each student will likely have a number of college admissions offers. I help each client sort through the different acceptances, including any financial aid offers, to select the best choice for future success.
Please visit Products & Services for more information.